Friday, February 23, 2007

It's the thought that counts?

Yesterday I was hanging out with Cam and Mark when there was a knock on the door. We opened it to find my Father in Law bearing a gift for me. We couldn't figure out what this was for and so we asked. FIL said it was for my birthday. Now that's sweet and all, but my birthday isn't until September! And they've always given me the gift then. Mark and I were baffled and couldn't figure out how they got the date wrong this year. We wracked our brains trying to figure out who they might have confused my birth date with. And then it hit me because I can remember useless dates like none other. Mark's ex wife has a birthday in February right around this time. Yup, MIL, in a state of sickness, confused my real birthday with the ex's birthday. It's the thought that counts right?

14 comments:

Mall Worker said...

woops. Yeah, its the thought that counts :)

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Oh. My. Gosh.

That is HILAIRE!

Do you get to keep that present, too?

:o)

Dawnyel said...

Don't say anything...with any luck, you can have TWO birthdays!! ;)

Lee said...

That is great. And I agree with Dawnyel don't tell! Get another gift this year!!! What did you get?

Anonymous said...

ooooh. ouch.

Lana said...

okay,now that is funny.
Just think what a great gift you'll get in Sept since they are bound to feel bad about this little faux paux!

Gina said...

Soooo, what did you get for your half birthday?

Melzie said...

*giggle*

Lynanne said...

Oh oooops! What a sticky situation. What did you do?

~V~ said...

OMG! ROFL! What a slip! It's a good thing you are so easy going and not a hot head. Hey...it means you get TWO gifts this year!! There's always a bright side somewhere!

Unknown said...

Ouch. I hope you get a really GREAT gift in September :-)

That Chick Over There said...

Oh my!!

Lei said...

Oy! Kinda funny? Lol.

The Estrogen Files said...

ROTFL!! Maybe it's your half birthday gift, right? Who cares about the Xwoman - YOU the woman now! Laughing at FIL with you.