Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Christmas Vomit

I love Christmas! I love the lights, the decorations, the music, and most of all, the meaning of Christmas. But there is one part of Christmas I cannot stand. I refer to it lovingly as "Christmas vomit." It's those houses that are decorated in anything and everything Christmas. Every surface is covered in lights, decorations, or something else. They have lights on the house, trees, bushes, mailbox, dog house, and even the dog. They have those big blow up snowmen and snow globes, the reindeer with lights, Santa and his sleigh on the house, a nativity in the corner, and other various decorations. I even saw a lighted plastic cactus yesterday. Christmas vomit it's not tastefully done. It's just slapped all over the place with no theme, rhyme, or reason. It's like somebody walked by and spewed Christmas all over the place - hence the name - Christmas vomit. Please decorate for Christmas tastefully. Decorations are fun. But please do not Christmas vomit all over your yard and house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA HA!! That is so true and you took the words right out of my head.

Elizabeth said...

LOVE the blog! Definitely one I'm going to be checking on... actually added a link in my own blog right to it (anditcametopassusually.blogspot.com).