Monday, December 05, 2005

Troll daughter

After my last post, I have to share my secret fear about my next child. That fear is . . . troll daughter! AUGH!!!!! What do I mean by troll daughter? Let me explain.

There are a few couples in my ward who have gorgeous boys. These couples are average and ordinary, kind of like Mark and I. They are not ugly, but not really anything spectacular to look at. You probably wouldn't look at them twice. So they have these first born sons that are stunning. And then they have a girl next. And this girl is troll daughter. You know what I'm talking about. You look at them and think, poor child. They look just like their father and that is a face that should not be on a girl. A boy could carry that face; a girl needs plastic surgery. Ok, not really, but you know what I mean. You think the girl will grow out of it eventually, but so far, nope, still troll daughter a few years later. So since Camden is so cute, I am afraid I will have troll daughter next. It's really my secret fear. I know I will think my child is cute no matter what. But what if everybody else sees that child and inwardly shudders? Can I get lucky twice and make another beautiful child? I don't know, but I sure hope it's at least not troll daughter.

3 comments:

AJ said...

I think all moms fear having a troll daughter. Then, no matter what you kid comes out looking like- you think they are the most beautiful baby ever. Of course, I have gorgeous children so I wouldn't know about this problem personally. :)

Becky said...

lol, there was a little girl in my home ward growing up that fit that description. When ever my sister or I saw her we would wisper "willow" (as in the little man in the 80s/90s movie of the same name)I was really worried about my dd for a while there, but she pulled through lol.

Anonymous said...

don't worry... you won't know the difference