Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Show some love

Want to make a teacher's day? This week is National Teacher Appreciation week. If your child attends a school, whether it be preschool or high school, send their teacher a note of thanks. I promise that simple little act will make a teacher's day, especially in the upper grades where teachers are often forgotten. Some of my students showed me some love over the weekend.

As for "My life Monday", after some feedback, the topic I posted yesterday will be the topic to post this coming Monday. Then you can have a week to think about it and plan it. If you already did it, that's ok too. Or if you want to do it sometime during the week, feel free! Next Monday, if you haven't already posted, you can post your "My life Monday" on Monday and I'll put up a new topic then. If that works (or doesn't work) feel free to let me know! I think this will be fun and look forward to reading your life story (and sharing mine). Feel free to email me with any topics, questions, concerns, etc.

11 comments:

Diana Mancuso said...

Happy National Teacher Appreciation Week, Rachelle!

I would graffiti your blog but I don't know how...

;P @-->---

Alicia said...

happy teacher week!

We'll have to be extra thankful to "my only favorite preschool teacher" this week.

The Domesticator said...

Thanks for the reminder. My son's Kindergarten teacher has been so wonderful to him. We'll be sure to thank him for a job well done!

Gina said...

Happy Teacher week to you!

I need the topic for next Monday... Heaven knows I can't think of one myself...

Julie said...

Happy Teacher week! We always had the best lunch put on by the parents. Yum!

Gabriela said...

Happy Teacher Week. Glad you said something, I can do something here in Mex. for my kids very-American teacher!

Mall Worker said...

Happy Teacher Week! I hope that your students show you even more love!

Unknown said...

Happy Teacher Week! I had already thought to have my daughter and myself write her teacher a note, thanks for reminding me!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the reminder!!

and happy teacher week to you!

beth said...

Hope you are having a wonderful teacher week. You do deserve absolutely all the support and appreciation you can get.

Anonymous said...

Happy Teacher Appreciation! I found that plenty of elementary school teachers earned appreciation, but once the kids were in middle & high school they had so many teachers and the parents were so distanced from their kids that the teachers received very little if any appreciation. It was extremely frustrating. So I'm glad you mentioned showing appreciation for teachers of all grade levels. Believe me, teachers of 13-year-olds need a kind word now and then!!! :-)