Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Nutritious and Delicious?

I knew that when Camden started crawling that it would only be a matter of time. I told Mark it would happen soon. And I was right. We found Camden eating the dog's food today.

The dog's dish is in the kitchen and Camden has a toy nearby that he often crawls over to play with. I told Mark that one day we would find Camden happily eating the dog food. Today Camden crawled over to play with the toy while I started dinner. After I had things going, I came around the corner to take Camden into the other room. And what does he hold out to me in offering, with a huge smile on his face? A handful of dog food. Of course I took the food away from him, but it was too late. There was already a piece or two in his mouth. Being the good mom that I am, I let him finish it. I figure, maybe if it tastes gross he won't try it again. But that may backfire as he didn't seem to mind the taste. Anybody know the nutritional content of dog food?

On another note, I may be MIA for a few days. I have a CT scan tomorrow and am not sure how I will react to the fun drinks I get to have beforehand. I'm taking the day off work and we'll play Friday by ear.

And on an additional note, a friend of mine is gathering stories about LDS women who have gone through infertility or are now going through infertility. She wants to publish a book for the LDS market. I know I wish there had been something like that a few years ago. If you have gone through infertility or are now going through it, feel free to send her your story at nicole dot price at gmail dot com. I know she would really appreciate it!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Dog food...yum!...my boy was eating dirt today from the heat vent so I guess I can't be too harsh of a judge:-)

Amber said...

eww!

good luck on your scan

emlouisa said...

lol about Cam and the dog food. Ew!

Good luck on the scan. Is everything okay?

Diana Mancuso said...

I've heard worse stories.

Good luck with your CT.

Angela said...

I think dog food is just above the oreos my kids just ate on the nutritional scale. Just wait until he puts a whole, live cricket in his mouth! (Hey! They are a delicacy in some countries, right?) Good luck with the CT scan. I had one just a year ago, and that stuff isn't too bad.....just keep telling yourself it's Countrytime lemonade, and you'll be just fine! I'll be thinking of you!!

Heather said...

CT scan? Are you alright?

Carrie said...

I have the same question as Heather? Are you alright? If you do not want us to know details, that is okay. Just give a thumbs up or thumbs down or a smiley face or a not smiley face or whatever.:) Hope it goes well.

Dog food, why do they like it so? I just cannot figure it out. It cannot taste too good. We do not have a dog but all my kids as toddlers have eaten dog food out of the dish at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

Andrea said...

was it dry or wet dog food?? lol I've heard cat food is worse...this from my brother that used to eat dry dog food and decided to try cat food.

Elozia Marie said...

Doggie food - Deeelicious! Sophia thinks it's tasty too. YUCK, lol!

I hope your CT goes well, I hope you're okay. (((HUGS)))

Tigersue said...

Well eating the dog food makes us shudder, but at least you know that there really isn't anything bad in it. ;)