Friday, March 10, 2006

Update and How many clothes can one boy have?

Thank you for all your well wishes. I guess I should have said a little bit more instead of being cryptic and leaving. I had a CT scan of my abdomen because I have been having terrible stomach pains for years. They've done several tests over the years - including a gall bladder scan and the camera down the throat. I've been on Nexium for years. About once a month or so, my stomach spasms and I have to take Percocet to take the pain away. That's been the status quo for about three years now - not too big a deal - a Percocet a month and we're good to go. A few weeks ago I had the worse attack yet. I ended up taking 4 Percocet in about 8 hours because the pain was so bad. I saw my Dr. again and he said, "This isn't normal." You think? So we're back to more testing. Hopefully we'll find out something soon!

And on to the clothes - I'm out of control people. Seriously, somebody needs to stop me. I have an extreme case of ebay-itis going on. I've mentioned before how much I love to buy clothes for Camden and how much I love to dress him. Because of that, I do most of my shopping for him on ebay for several reasons. One, I like name brand clothes, but can't justify the cost for brand new stuff from the stores. The name brand stuff seems to hold up better and that's one of the things I really like about it. I can buy the cheaper stuff, but in my experience it falls apart faster. Two, we have no real stores near us (only a Walmart and Kmart). I would have to order everything off the internet anyway to get what I like. Three, I can get a ton more clothes on ebay for the same amount of money. I figure, to buy 7 new outfits for Cam at Walmart, I'd probably spend $10 to $15 an outfit there, for a total of $70 to $100 dollars. I can get triple the amount of clothes on ebay for the same price. I usually spend no more than $3 an item on ebay, and that includes shipping. Sure the clothes are used. But really, how much damage can a baby cause to clothing? Not too much in my limited experience. So ebay it is for us.

Spring was in the air a few days ago, which got me thinking about spring and summer clothes for Camden. Never mind that only a few months ago I had to buy him a new winter wardrobe because he grows like no tomorrow. Never mind that it snowed just yesterday. Never mind his dresser is overflowing and my account is dwindling. It's time to buy more! You never know. We could have a heat wave tomorrow and then where would he be? Stuck in long sleeves and long pants. And so I search. I watch. And I bid. Okay, actually I snipe with one of those cool snipe programs, but still (And yes, I was the one who sniped you with 7 seconds to go after you sat there for the past hour hitting "refresh" over and over again to make sure you were still the top bidder). I figure, it's like a boy scout - I need to be prepared with all clothing possibilities - at least that is how I am justifying it to Mark. Oh, it's time to go! One of those auctions ends in a few minutes and I must make sure I win.

15 comments:

Lei said...

It's all about being prepared, right? ;)

Hope you can figure out what's causing the tummy trouble. That does not sound fun! Hugs...

Kimmy said...

I hope your tumtum gets better, and the docs can find the problem. No fun.

I love eBay! What the heck is the snipe thingy? Sounds like something I need ;)

Happy Bidding!

Kristen said...

So sorry about your stomach problems. That sounds like it is no fun. I hope you find out what the problem is.

I've never done e-bay. I know, i know...everyone reading this is gasping for breath. It'd just be another thing to take me away from work. And another thing for me to spend money on.

lackrik said...

Sorry about your stomach pains! Hope something gets figured out soon.

And Ebay...I get totally addicted! Once I start, I can't stop. Last summer, it was all about Gymboree stuff for dd! I was out of control!

Melzie said...

They have no idea what causes it? See, I had an issue like that- but it was said cysts on my ovaries rupturing-- it was AWFUL. Of course, they only said that after I went to the ER 3 days in a row, I thought I was dying. I hope you find a reason soon. :( Ebay-- I love it- but I've got an issue with a certain one. You might have seen those posts.

Elozia Marie said...

I also suffer from ebay-itis in a very serious way. Thank you for sharing a new justification for me! "but honey, you're an eagle scout, You of all people should understand that I'm just trying to be prepared!" LOL, we'll see how he takes it :)

I hope the CT scan is helpful, and that the drs can figure out what's going on. That sounds miserable.

Carrie said...

Oh, how I love clothes especially clothes for toddlers and infants. It is so much fun!

I hope your stomach problems get better soon. It is frustrating to have things like that going on and not know what the problem is. Get better soon.

Alicia said...

If you ever get tired of buying boy clothes, I wouldn't complain if you needed to buy Fat Girl some clothes to feed your addiction ;).

GiBee said...

Oh, heck... I just love name brand clothing because I'm stuck up. There. I admit it.

Whew. I feel a lot better now. That's step one, isn't it?

Hope you're feeling better! It sounds just yucky! That's something I hate... pain in my stomach. Hate, hate, HATE. I'll be praying for you!

QueenMeadow said...

I'm sorry about your stomach, that bites!
I don't have a problem with having too many clothes, its just that the kids dressers are too small ;)

emlouisa said...

Poor tummy! I'm sorry that it is hurting you! That sucks!

Yay for Ebay shopping! I heart ebay!

Heather said...

Wow, I hope they can find out what is wrong! Keep us posted!

Lynanne said...

I must admit, I've gone a bit nuts with baby clothes too. Even after some well-off friends of ours gave us their only child's wardrobe I'm still out there shopping. My weakness is second-hand stores. One store accepts donations of unsold clothes from local stores. My second weakness is children's books and toys.

Mama D said...

hhhhmmm ebay you say. I may have to check out the little girls clothes. At least I know you won't be bidding on those!

Diana Mancuso said...

That's awful, having all those stomach and not knowing the cause. I hope you get some answers soon.

You use Ebay for baby clothes, eh? Now there's an idea.

Mama D, you may have some competition... ;)