Tuesday, January 31, 2006

"Camden and the Dog" - a photo essay

Somehow my previous post disappeared. So I am trying again. I apologize to anybody who navigated to this page and found half a post.
I've
mentioned before how Camden likes to chew on the dog's toys and I let him. I'm so up for mother of the year. Here, in all it's glory, is the story.

*Getting out cartoon announcer voice*
In today's episode of "Camden and the Dog," our fearless hero attempts to steal the evil Shih Tzu's toy and, (drum roll please) chew on it. Will he be successful? Will the dog thwart his efforts? What about that mother figure? Will she interfere? Read on to find out!


First comes the innocent look. "I'm not doing anything Mom." Uh huh. Right. Like I believe that.

Camden gives the toy to the dog to chew on first. See how well he shares? And only 9 months too. *Beaming with motherly pride right now.*


Tai Beaux (the dog) gives Camden a few licks, telling him how much he likes Cam. Cam thinks the licks tickle, hence his semi smile. What Camden doesn't realize is the dog is really telling Camden how much he wants the toy and that if Cam doesn't hand it over, his fingers are in danger of being nipped. The only thing stopping the dog is that I am in the room. Tai knows better than to bite the hand that feeds him. Or bite the hand of the one Mommy still nurses.
Slowly, ever so slowly, Camden inches the toy closer to his mouth. The dog places a warning paw on Camden's hand. Mom, perfectly aware of the immense danger a 12 pound Shih Tzu represents, watches on. Who needs safety when you have a great photo op?
Success at last! The toy is Cam's! And it goes (as most things do) straight into the mouth. Yum Yum! Doggy germs!
Toy in hand, Camden falls to the floor, laughing and taunting the dog who remains on the couch. Tai stares at him and wonders, " How much trouble will I get in if I pounce on Camden." The answer, my dear pup, depends on how hard you land on him and whether or not you make him cry.
To add the final insult, Camden puts the toy back in his mouth with one last laugh. Our hero has conquered again!
And that, my dear friends, is the end of our story today. Join us next time for more adventures of "Camden and the Dog." (cartoon announcer voice again)

9 comments:

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Hey, atleast he shares...CUTE!!!!

emlouisa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
emlouisa said...

ROFL!!! And I'm loving Cam's sweater. He looks so growed up! (is the English teacher in you FREAKING out?)

Sorry about the delete. I'm an idiot.

Heather@ Simple Panache said...

Hello! Just stopped by and saw the pictures of your dog. I have one also, and he looks identical to yours! I had to do a double take when I saw him. Arent they the greatest little dogs? We call Teddi's dog toys his babies, and he will fetch them if we ask him to find his baby. Your baby is adorable and yes, very cute sweaters!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! What a fun story!

Misty said...

Aw, he's so cute!

Lei said...

How cute is that, Rachelle! And what is it with dog toys? We don't have a dog, but Drew always steals my aunt's dog's toys. Maybe I should buying those instead of blocks, lol!

ShelahBooksIt said...

Love the play by play and that kid is adorable!

Unknown said...

K Cam is gonna get worms...but how stinking adorabblllleee!!